I just wanted to extend a big thank you to everyone who participated in #endabortionnow. It is an extremely important ministry to which every Christian should be keen, at the very least.
I want to share a few thoughts from each of the speakers’ presentations.
- We are not fighting for a political agenda. We are not fighting for the label “pro-life”. In fact, the pro-life label has failed to effect any substantial change for over 43 years. We are fighting for the lives, souls, and heartbeat of the every single one of the 3000 babies murdered every day.
- Piecemeal fiscal policy is ineffective in stopping the abortion of babies. Incremental laws do not stop 3000 babies from being murdered every day.
- Abortion is a gospel issue. It is about sin, leading to the breaking of God’s law (murder). Murder is an issue of the heart. Over 90% of the women who go to have abortions know what they are doing. They are, at the very least, “suppressing the truth in unrighteousness”.
- The civil magistrate has the duty, before God, to defy any law (or action of the government) which would attempt to break God’s standard of morality (his law). Abortion is an act which defies God’s law and thus the magistrate has the authority/responsibility to interpose and resist the decree of that unlawful higher magistrate.
- When the lesser magistrate stands in the gap and interposes on behalf of the innocent who are being unjustly treated by the higher magistrate, he is abating God’s judgement justly due for national sin. God is merciful, but, He hath “sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.”
- The story of abortion has been inadequately told. The conditions (mainly due to increases scientific research) have changed dramatically. We thoroughly know what is going on. We are fine with it.
- The truth is powerful. “Babies are Murdered Here” caused a multi-million dollar corporation to create a multi-thousand dollar marketing campaign. Christians control the story line. Christians own the earth. The unbelievers are simply sojourners therein.
- Little is more. God uses “little” people throughout history to effect big change. The only thing hindering “little” people from effecting big change is the will and courage to act. Acting upon convictions will get Christians backlash from the government and force Christians to stand on their principles and prove their independence therefrom.
- This quote for R.J. Rushdoony, though not explicitly mentioned, speaks directly to the point: “History has never been dominated by majorities, but by dedicated minorities who stand unconditionally on their faith”.
- There is going to be, out of necessity, a paradigm shift in the pro-life movement. Every day the death toll in America through abortion exceeds that of 9/11. 43 years later, it is still the case. Abortion must be ended now, and not through incremental legislation. SB 1118 was bill which attempted to criminalize abortion as first-degree murder. Every pro-lifer should have been behind this bill, at least in principles. They were not.
- Americans must be ready, and willing, to suffer that judgement of God resulting from the murder of the innocent. In fact, America is, as we speak, in judgement because of this killing. We must turn now, once and for all, and immediately bring the end to the murder of the defenseless.